Polaris Bank was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Skye Bank.With a footprint of over 350 branches across the country, Polaris Bank prides itself in delivering exceptional customer experience, leveraging best in class/state of the art Information Communication Technology (ICT). By focusing on ICT solutions across multiple service delivery channels (mobile banking, ATMs, POS and online platforms) Polaris Bank maintains a pivotal role in the Nigerian banking industry, providing customers with simple, convenient and secured banking services.
Job Position: Information System Control Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for an Information System Control Officer with a proven track record in designing, developing, and implementing IT control reviews and procedures regarding the organization’s process, systems, accounting structures, projects and change management process.
- To plan, organize and carry out the information system controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan.
- Evaluate information in compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the effectiveness of the internal control system to ensure the integrity of the system, improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Collaborate with business and process owners to implement and monitor remedial actions that result from IT control audits, and drive the effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve identified IT control deficiencies, change management process and experience in User Acceptance testing.
- Develop, execute, and monitor adequate internal control over IT in line with best accounting practices, ISO standards, PCI DSS and identifying appropriate risk and mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and ensure all system user accounts/privileges are approved with proper system access parameters in line with their respective level of information access for their job functions.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of IT processes, project and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting, or other related fields of study.
- Experience in Internal Control, IT control and IT Audit, information technologies, security risk and Control assessment with minimum of 2 years experience.
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP and or ICAN certification will be an added advantage.
- A good Understanding of International standards such as ISO27001, ISO 22301 and PCIDSS.
- Ability to perform control reviews on a wide range of application, system development operations and security procedures and according to international standard, OWASP and best practices
- Risk Assessment, IT security and infrastructure knowledge, technology auditing skills, Analytical skills, SQL, Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language.
- Ability to evaluate emerging technologies and identify their potential impact within the existing environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online