MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Position: Engineer – Data Centre, Information Technology
Job Locations: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
- Manage crisis situations and work under pressure to resolve problems.
- Plan and undertake projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems as directed by IT Senior management.
- Develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to Data Centre Operations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of platform performance, scalability, efficiency, and reliability
- Provide technical expertise for 1st and 2nd line IT support staff, sharing technical knowledge
- Work cross-functionally with various teams
- Ensure policies and processes are well-documented, communicated and followed
- Advocate for and drive major initiatives that move the organization forward and help us scale
- Assist other Infrastructure and Cloud team and development teams to resolve application-to-platform integration issues (IaaS and PaaS) across different cloud providers and deployment models.
- Provide information timely for Audits and Security and audit requests and ensure vulnerabilities and findings are closed
- Effective access controls to Infrastructure platforms.
- Ensure Incident and Problem resolution within SLAs
- Work with the Network and Facilities teams to ensure adequate Security, Network and Power and Cooling in the Data Centers.
- Work with OEMs, Partners, Planning teams and other key stakeholders to ensure highly available Data Centre.
- First Degree in any related field
- Relevant Professional Certifications e.g. Data Centre Certifications, Network Certifications, etc.
- Fluent in English.
3 – 7 years experience which includes:
- Vast Knowledge of Data Centre design, project implementation and operations support.
- Vast knowledge of Data Centre Network Design, Implementation and Support.
- Knowledge of IT equipment handling, power, and cooling technologies
- In-depth understanding of LAN and SAN cabling Support and implementation techniques
- Good troubleshooting, analytical, communication and collaboration skills
- Development of policies, Processes and Procedures as required to guide Data Centre Operations
- Familiar with Agile project management methodologies.
- Good understanding of ITIL Infrastructure Library Framework.
14th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online