MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Position: Coordinator – Service Performance, Information Technology
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Run the production environment by Automation, Monitoring and taking a holistic view of system health, performance and Issue Resolution
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Coordinate with Information Management team to access data in format necessary for incorporation into tools and reports
- Deploy and maintain the tools to measure KPIs such as a performance measurement system and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Synthesize performance against KPIs to draw rich, meaningful insights. Work with leadership, strategy, and operational teams to make recommendations that improve IT strategy and tactics
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Ensure stakeholders receive accurate performance data through clear reporting mediums in a timely manner Establish performance metrics and drive strategy for performance management across IT services
- Ensure any changes are fully assured by employing automated testing and release pipelines
- Facilitate a truly collaborative DevOps service model within a multi-technology environment (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, AWS, Drupal, PHP, .Net, Jenkins, Vagrant, Katalon and Selenium).
- Create and publish service performance metrics, reports and dashboards
- Work with teams to collect and collate data to support service performance metrics
- Coordinate with internal/external partners for benchmarking analyses; foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop innovations for training end-users on self-help tips necessary for first level resolution of end user problems
- Lead the definition, measurement and reporting of IT performance KPI’s, and draws insights that drive business improvement.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications.
- First Degree in Computer Science or an IT equivalent Degree
- Foundation Certificate in ITIL v3 – IT Service Management
- Practitioner in ITIL Service Operations will be an added advantage.
- MCSE or MCDST
- Microsoft Certified Windows Client Administrator or Managing Modern Desktops
- ComTIA A+
- 3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in IT Service Performance Management
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
- Demonstrated ability to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks in a proactive manner
- Excellent analytical problem-solving capabilities; ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel (e.g., Macros, pivot tables, advanced charts/graphs, conditional formatting, data tables, basic programming).
18th September, 2023 (10:59PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online