At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Come be part of the Operations Technical Department of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited with more than 50 years of presence in Nigeria and a workforce of over 1000 employees. Our offices are in Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Abuja, FCT.
Job Position: Instrumentation, Controls & Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsible for providing design engineering support (conceptual studies; FEED; detailed design; brownfield verifications; review and update of specifications; engineering surveillance; specialized studies /assessments; risk assessments, design reviews, constructability reviews, etc.) in the Instrumentation, Controls and Electrical Engineering discipline to assigned project teams. Interphase with Operations and provide discipline engineering expertise to support maintenance and operations activities. Implement engineering surveillance programs to ensure that all relevant aspects of the quality assurance and control (QA/QC) programs and procedures are strictly followed in the performance of all work.
The role will also be responsible for managing the health of Instrumentation, Controls and Electrical equipment in an operating asset and providing routine update to asset leadership on health status, exposures, and mitigation plans. This includes the application of technical guidance documents and best practices to specify cost-efficient, fit-for-risk maintenance and inspection programs, coordinating the execution of maintenance /inspection programs, leading troubleshooting of equipment technical issues, reviewing program execution data and implementing learnings on a continuous improvement basis
- Participate in and provides discipline engineering expertise during conceptual studies, FEED, and detailed design of assigned projects.
- Participate in brownfield verifications; review and update of specifications; engineering surveillance (QA/QC); specialized studies /assessments; risk assessments, design reviews, constructability reviews, etc.
- Work with Lead Design Engineer and/or Project Engineer to define design objectives to align contractor and design team activities to meet project goals.
- Apply sound technical and engineering knowledge and best practices to project teams in compliance with approved Company standards and specifications. Prepares documents required to incorporate changes or deviations to design practices and standards, and the project design basis per Projects’ change management procedures, logs each proposed change / deviation and coordinates the review and approval.
- Directly accountable for the quality of the design product within the Instrumentation, Controls, & Electrical Engineering discipline. Monitor design consultant’s engineering work quality. Ensure design consultants are familiar with, and utilize Company approved standards, specifications, and practices. Reviews design packages from inception to start-up per Company specification requirements. Participates in project milestone drawing reviews, hazard assessments (HAZOP’s, etc.), design assessments, constructability reviews, etc.
- Steward development of contractor’s design review packages, coordinates the meetings, stewards review of ICE discipline deliverables, and ensures that responses to the contractor is coordinated and clearly communicated then appropriately stewarded through close-out.
- Define requirements, evaluates alternatives, and recommends solutions for technical issues within his discipline area.
- Contribute to development and reviews of design philosophies with other discipline engineers and subject matter experts.
- Identify, define, obtain endorsement, and recommend the application of new technologies for specific designs.
- Interphase cross-functionally to provide a multidisciplined approach to project design. Provide technical support for engineering services acquisition, including development of the Job Specification, Request for Services, technical / commercial evaluation, and award.
- Responsible for design phase coordination / management and formally accepts design drawings and documentation, maintains project design files, and tracks technical issues / deviations until resolved. Ensures the design consultant meets all technical and non-technical contractual obligations and provides relevant results to the PT. Monitors contractor’s cost / progress performance and takes corrective action when required.
- Reviews design drawings and technical specifications for equipment purchases and participates in kick off meetings.
- Equipment maintenance and inspection program design, periodic review and driving improvement actions
- Equipment maintenance and inspection data analysis; driving actions from learnings and insights
- Technical lead for equipment troubleshooting and recovery, including root cause analysis for complex failures
- Clear and timely communication to asset leadership on equipment issues, exposures and opportunities
- Lead initial opportunity and exposure risk screening and assessments; participate in detailed risk assessments
- Engineering degree with a minimum of B.S. level in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Basic knowledge of discipline design standards, codes, and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of appropriate engineering softwares (AutoCAD, Intools, Smart Plant, SKM, ETAP etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Competency in both Instrumentation & Controls and Electrical Engineering is mandatory
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5-year experience in the Oil & Gas / Energy sector.
- Very Strong Brownfield experiences with ICE projects
- Versatile with design, construction, installation, and commissioning of power systems (generators, electric motors/drives, transformers, and UPS), instrumentation, process control, and safety systems.
- Knowledgeable in Industrial Controls System Security Requirements and application in EPC phases of projects.
- Competency in leading technical evaluation of vendor submissions & apply total lifecycle cost concepts for IC&E material / equipment procurement.
- Adept in developing conceptual designs for procurement, fabrication, and installation for E&I projects.
- Demonstrate competency in hazardous area compliance with equipment selection in designs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online