Concept Nova is a subsidiary of the Concept Group and is Africa’s fastest growing technology solutions company, specialising in Business Intelligence, Asset Management and Remote Monitoring solutions. Concept Nova delivers technology-driven solutions that increases transparency, efficiency, cost savings and revenue generation. Serving over 200 clients across diverse industries, we are changing the face of technology development by delivering premium services at competitive prices.
Job Position: Intermediate Backend Developer
Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
- As an intermediate backend developer you will work with the software development team to create, maintain, and improve new and existing backend applications and processes.
- You will use your understanding of programming languages and the relevant tools to analyze current codes, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems and create a more seamless experience for users.
- You should have excellent communication, computer and project management skills.
- Participate actively in requirements gathering and analysis
- Collaborate with the relevant teams and departments to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, readable and testable code that is scalable and well documented
- Maintain, update, refactor and debug new and existing codes
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Serve as an expert within your area of competence
- Provide technical support when necessary
- Keep up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Record and report data to the appropriate parties, such as clients, leadership or management
- Commit to continuous improvement, education and training to remain current on best practices, new programming languages, and to better assist other team members
- Take lead on projects when necessary
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in backend software development using PHP and MySQL or any other backend languages
- 2+ years’ experience working with Laravel and/or Lumen or Express or Django and/or Django Rest
- Experience in NodeJS, ReactJS and MongoDB would be a plus
Skills / Competencies:
- Working knowledge of PHP, Laravel/Lumen,
- Working understanding of frontend web technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and VanillaJS
- Proficient knowledge of version control & SSH
- Deep technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- Working experience with cloud hosting platforms
- Understanding of object-oriented PHP programming
13th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.