Family Homes Funds Limited (FHFL) is a limited liability company with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority as founding shareholders. FHFL will be the largest affordable housing focused fund manager in Sub- Sahara Africa, deploying capital in excess of N1trn towards two core objectives: (1) Supporting access to affordable housing for at least 500,000 families on low to medium income through strategic partnerships with various players in the sector and some of the world’s main Development Finance Institutions and (2) Take advantage of the opportunity a large-scale house building programme offers to create jobs, which are sustainable and offer families security, improved quality of life and hope.
Job Position: Internal Audit Officer (IT Systems Auditor)
Job Location: Abuja
- The Internal Audit Officer will perform audits of the FHFL’s financial and information systems, assess compliance with applicable standards and guidelines and sufficiency of internal controls, and take ownership of company-wide information technology (IT) risk assessments and audits.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit and Compliance in planning, executing, and reporting on operational, IT, financial, regulatory, and compliance-related audits/reviews
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Lead audit team in the performance of IT audits and reviews of systems, applications, and IT processes. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Pre- and post-implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- IT security audits (e.g., network, operating system, and data centre), including evaluation of security vulnerabilities and their mitigating measures.
- Coordinating the scope and performance of these reviews with business units and external security experts.
- Performing various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Audit software deployment, access controls and information technology systems and infrastructure.
- Perform specialized audits covering but not limited to Credit Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, IT Risk and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Carry out investigations and spot checks as may be directed by the Head, Internal Audit and compliance.
- Participate in the audit of other functional areas within FHFL.
- Perform value-for-money audits for the FHFL’s projects and investments.
- Conduct investigations and spot checks as required.
- Support the development and execution of the FHFL’s annual audit work plan.
- Develop and implement tools to analyse data for improving audit efficiency and effectiveness, (including for risk assessments).
- Perform general and application control reviews for simple to complex information systems.
- Perform information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Direct and/or performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Prepare audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepare and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Consult with and advise IT administrators, and staff on various operational issues related to information systems, and on general business operations as needed.
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Assist and train other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of information systems.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Perform internal control activities for the company and enforcing compliance with internal policies, relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Act as back-up for the Head, Internal Audit and Compliance
- Perform other duties as may be delegated by the Head, Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business related field.
- Master’s Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g., ACA, ACCA, CISA, CISM, CISSP ACFE.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a financial services institution
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS Accounting Policies
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e., MS Word, Excel, ERP etc.
- Quality experience in Information security and IT Audit
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Strong quantitative, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Internal Audit processes, IT Systems and Systems Audit.
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Auditing standards and guidelines
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Data extraction and analysis skills
- Stakeholders Engagement and Management
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of IT & Information systems and procedures.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
23rd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter summarizing your achievements together with your detailed CV saved with the applicant’s name as PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and the Job code as the subject of the email. e.g “Internal Audit Officer (0005)”.