Baobab Microfinance Bank is the leading digital financial inclusion group focusing on serving individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unleash the potential of our clients offering them simple and easy to use financial services. Founded in 2005 as Microcred, today Baobab has over a million customers and 3,800 employees operating in Burkina Faso, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia and Zimbabwe.
Job Position: Internal Auditor
Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Monitoring the internal audit system of the organisation.
- Conduct regular internal audit of the bank, assist in reconciliation and the analysis of transactions.
- Conduct client visit on a regular basis.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded, summarized and reporte
- Accordingly and Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretions in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Lead and coordinate internal audit missions and Prepare report of audit missions
- Ensure timely regulatory reporting and any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Conduct investigations on alleged irregularities/fraud.
- Assist in monitoring the business function of the branches and reporting all material findings and preparing appropriate recommendations for corrective actions.
- Ensure proper safeguard of assets and its effective utilization.
- Any other job as assigned by the Audit manager.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven working 3-7 years experience as Internal Auditor
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Banking working experience an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
30th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.