Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals. When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja, one in Lagos, Port- Harcourt and Anambra.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and carry out financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit. Ensure daily compliance with the internal and financial policies of the facility.
- Do a daily call over on all expenses across all synapse centres allocated to you and ensure that all postings are correctly done
- Takes routine stocks to check and verify that records in the bin cards show true representation of stock on the ground
- Ensure that costs are not overstated on all expenses.
- Ensure compliance on all regulatory policies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place so as to control loss, theft and risk in the facility.
- Identifies any internal control gap and measures for its improvement.
- Report to management all risk issues in accordance with auditing standards.
- Flag up any internal control issue.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of the control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to Synapse internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Synapse.
- Provide feedback on Accounting Procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA will be an added advantage
- 4 years’ work experience as an internal auditor
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare finance business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 2 to 3 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem-solving, and timely problem escalation.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Note: The subject of the email should be “Internal Auditor – Abuja” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.