Wakanow is Africa’s leading, full-service online travel company. At Wakanow, we understand that everyone likes easy and affordable travel services, so we provide our customers with a one-stop booking portal for Flights, Hotels, Visa Assistance, Holiday Packages, Airport Transfers, an international Travel SIM, a Prepaid Travel Card, a Loyalty program, and much more.
Job Position: Head, Internal Control and Compliance
Job Location: Lagos
- Oversee risk assessments and internal control reviews
- Champion the implementation of mitigation strategies to identified risks and coordinate implementation firm-wide
- Supervise the follow-up on identified issues relating to compliance to operational policies and procedures by organs of the organization such HR, Marketing Projects etc.
Internal Audit Administration:
- Provide feedback on the performance of Internal Auditors on audit assignments
- Assess the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets
- Conduct and direct audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, and operating procedures
- Review the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls
- Oversee the Internal control Assessments across the organs of the Organization
- Direct and appraise the activities of the Internal control and compliance officer
- Manage or conduct fraud investigations and review work papers completed by internal control officers
- Oversee risk assessments and identify controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Coordinate staff to implement the set out internal control procedures
- Identify internal control weaknesses and recommend necessary corrective actions, including the findings and recommendations of internal and external audits
- Recommend internal control training requirements and provide requisite internal control training
- Provide to employees a statement of policies and standards with which they are expected to comply.
- Provide staff with clear directions and information relating to the importance of adherence to internal procedures and the process
- Serve as a liaison with external auditors
- Engage with relevant regulatory agencies on internal control issues
- Engage with Internal Auditors to discuss ways to improve internal control based on their findings
- Provide External Auditors with the information they need to make an opinion
- Review report of Internal and External Auditor’s concerns on internal control and engage relevant authorities affected
- Conduct and direct the review of organization controls, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Appraise the soundness and effectiveness of compliance procedures and controls and the timeliness of documentation generation.
- Compile and issue reports detailing conclusions and provide recommendations for improvements regarding compliance
- Champion the review of the organization’s existing policies and procedures to comply with required rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with the department managers to develop clear and concise policies and procedures. Identify methods to ensure new policies and procedures as well as updates to existing policies and procedures are communicated, distributed, and added to the repository.
- Provide direction and leadership to the team responsible for reviewing the departmental policies and procedures for gaps in adherence to relevant Tourism and Airline policies
Functional / Technical:
- Good knowledge of Accounting and Auditing Functions and Standards
- Business and financial acumen
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages
- Attention to detail
- Strong Analytical Skill
- Interpersonal Skill
- Leadership skill
- Ethical Behavior
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online