DynamicPlusAdvisory – Our client, a well-respected member of the financial community, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- Job Position: Internal Control Officer
- Job Location: Lagos
- Safeguarding of assets, Assets tagging, assets verification, and checking/confirmation of new items;
- Supervisory oversight on the custody and release of inventory items;
- Ensuring adherence to management policies;
- Periodic process review and administration of internal control questionnaire for process improvement;
- Daily Call Over of transaction tickets and review of transaction posted on Info ware & other Software for all operational units within the Group;
- Labeling, Batching and safekeeping/archiving of transaction documents, document retrieval from the archive, etc.;
- Review of Petty cash vouchers, Routine spot checks to ascertain controls are in place, spot cash count;
- Daily review/ recording of used and void cheque or other security instruments used by finance & Account, Control of security instruments, e.g., cheques;
- Daily Cross-checking of transaction tickets on the Log Book and register to ensure all transactions are well recorded;
- Review of Investment services routine activities and documentations such as placement of funds, funds in & funds out and liquidation of investments and the certificates in files;
- Review of daily treasury activities at Finance and Accounts to ensure that treasury documentation is adequate, relevant, and sufficient;
- Review of customers and staff internal accounts to ensure that accounts in debit are flagged and brought to management attention;
- Investigation of identified control weaknesses;
- University Degree / HND in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with a similar role in a Financial Service Institution;
- The candidate must be vast in Capital and Money Markets operations, Financial Accounting, and Internal Control monitoring;
- Professional membership of ICAN or ACCA is an added advantage;
6th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.