Beyond Credit Limited – We are a technology-driven financial services company focused on empowering low-income entrepreneurs across Africa. We seek to provide them with opportunities to grow their businesses, improve their standard of living and thereby have better outcomes in life. We aim to give them hope for a better life by equipping them with the appropriate tools needed to attain greater financial independence.
Job Position: Internal Control Officer
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops an annual risk-based internal audit plan and oversees the implementation of the approved plan
- Ensures methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusions and recommendations and ensures follow-up on findings and corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures of each department and processes in line with best practices.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, and special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Periodic sampling/full audit of loan officers
- Participate in the review of applications to ensure data integrity, confidentiality and availability by preventing unauthorized access always
- To ensure all the Organization’s products measures up to the required standard in the industry
- Remains current on audit regulatory oversight trends and develops a risk-based approach incorporated into the annual audit plan.
- Provides feedback and recommendations on business risks and improves operational efficiencies and processes where appropriate.
- Daily review of loan disbursement, closure and savings withdrawal
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost reductions.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Visit group meetings (at least 2 per day reconciling passbooks and system) and confirm the BM’s last visit date.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and inspection reports.
- Carrying out Spot check/ Cash Count
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
Job Qualifications / Requirements
- BSc / HND in Accounting, Economics or another numerate discipline
- Professional accounting qualifications like ACA, ACCA or other recognized professional body is added advantage not compulsory
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the same capacity Proficient in computer (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and relevant accounting packages.
- Flexibility to work in any designated BCL location across Nigeria (This role involves travelling).
Very competitive with other benefits.
11th July 2022
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title and specific location as the subject of the email e.g “Internal Control Officer-Lagos”.