WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
- Job Position: International General Ledger Accountant
- Reference No.: 28671
- Job Location: Lagos
- Responsible for performing first-level monthly GL reviews in accordance with the month-end timetable.
- Ensure reconciliations are completed on time and to a high standard. Reporting, escalating, and resolving items on a timely basis.
- Ensure proper filing of documents that will ensure seamless provision of support documents when the need arises.
- Review and update procedures including adding controls and reporting into existing processes.
- Build excellent relationships, coordinating with support teams to ensure all issues and queries are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to liaise with audit teams during the interim and year-end audits, ensuring all audit queries are dealt with on a timely basis and with adequate support.
- Addresses control and cash management issues and completes complex balance sheet accounting, including reconciling benefits, equity, and expenses with payments made from the bank.
- Give suggestions on modifications in policies and procedures.
- Fulfill any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- All roles within the finance department require working closely with other departments so you will need to demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to successfully.
- Actively participate in weekly status meetings addressing any current issues.
- Help to drive future efficiencies and effectiveness by actively participating in Team meetings with an aim towards a unified goal of reducing close cycle times and improving quality assurance.
- Provide support to the wider group finance team where required, providing back-up and cover.
- ACCA/ACA/ICAN accountancy qualification.
- Big-four accounting experience.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience in a start to finish, small to the medium-sized accounting function.
- Ability to manually calculate tax and other payroll calculations as and when required.
- Willingness to understand the relevant tax laws applicable in the countries where we operate.
- High level of competence in MS applications – especially Excel and Word
- Experience of report writing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online