The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
- Job Position: Inventory Manager
- Job Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
- The Inventory Manager will coordinate all warehouse and outlet stores activities in a multiple location.
- Develop, document and implement best practice inventory control and management processes
- Develop and implement policies to ensure stock items are properly stored in all the warehouse and stores including cold chain to prevent damage, spoilage and loss
- Ensure warehouse layout is optimally utilized by constantly reviewing layout, space utilization and materials
- Liaise with procurement and inbound logistics to ensure effective planning of stock activities using historic sales data and adequate documentation
- Define minimum stock level and reorder quantity taking lead time of each item into consideration. Ensure this is regularly updated in line with changes in business operations
- Develop effective supply chain procedures and ensure proper communication between central warehouse and outlet storekeepers/accountants in terms of items transferred to the outlets.
- Ensure adequate and timely stock accounting records are maintained for stock receipts and issuance including inter location transfers at all times.
- Monitor stock level on daily basis and ensure adequate stock levels are maintained at all times in line with sales
- Authorise all stock receipt and dispatch from central warehouse and equipment store
- Analyse data to proactively plan for future needs including imported items
- Ensure the rule of First-in-first-out is complied with across all warehouse and our stores. Also ensure that perishable stock like plantain are painstakingly sorted at the point of receipt to ensure that riper/ softer ones that are more likely to perish sooner are used first
- Oversee warehouse and store staff and conduct performance appraisal on a timely basis
- Drive capacity building and training of warehouse and store staff including induction and orientation for new staff
- Define and implement an optimal departmental structure to support expanding operations of the Company
- Ensure regular stock count exercise are performed and all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Investigate in conjunction with internal audit damage/obsolete or missing stock items
- Ensure implementation of good housekeeping principles within the warehouse
- Liaise with Procurement to define and update standards for inputs/ raw materials: photo of standard, shape, size (dimension/ weight), ripeness, colouration, texture etc (particularly for inconsistent raw agricultural products): eg plantain, pepper, tomato, asun; (fish, prawn & snail etc size)
- Ensure compliance with standards on inputs/ raw materials received into store (thoroughly check, reject sub-standard items, promptly report/ record, track and resolve issues)
- Carry out research and liaise with maintenance to define and update optimal storage, preservation or ripening practices for item in store, and ensure compliance.
- Minimum of First Degree in relevant discipline
- About 8 years warehouse/inventory experience in a manufacturing/food industry
- Inventory Management experience on ERP eg Microsoft Navision is very important
- External or internal audit background is an added advantage
- Microsoft office skills especially Microsoft Excel skill is a must
- Analytical mind with excellent numeric abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- High level of integrity.
28th April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae.