Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Job Position: Inventory Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a competent Inventory Officer responsible for executing inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system with proper documentation responsible for working with procurement on, goods inwards and issues to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly.
- Support the effective management of materials to ensure alignment of inventory levels with appropriate guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and activities of the stores (centralized) under the supervision of the Head, Stores.
- Conduct physical counts to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing products at the stores.
- Ensure incoming products are received and stored according to DCP’s policies & procedures.
- Maintain online inventory management software and ensure timely identification of triggers (or manually identify when minimum threshold levels have been reached) to initiate actions for stock replenishment.
- Post details of receipt and dispatch transactions and ensure integrity of the inventory management system.
- Maintain up to date records of materials inventory at the stores (existing stock, pending orders, etc.)
- Provide information on current stock and orders to provide justification for re-ordering.
- Monitor trends of product receipt and dispatch at the stores to provide basis for demand forecasting.
- Conduct periodic inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks.
- Perform end-of-day inventory reconciliation to ensure discrepancies are identified and resolved in time.
- Notify Head, Stores of irregularities in inventory records and support in reconciling/ resolving.
- Maintain approved HSE best practices in the stores.
- Develop periodic reports of stores operations and performance as required.
- Maintain electronic inventory management database.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Stores.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain and related Field Stage.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of clearing, forwarding and supply chain in a structured logistics business.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good understanding of SAP and inventory control systems with a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online