International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
Job Position: Investment Analyst
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations (FCS).
- This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively “working Upstream” to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design, implement investment projects and provide post investment support. Working Upstream is helping to establish the conditions in a country that lead to private investments.
- A main reason for a lack of private investment in many developing countries is a shortage of commercially viable investment opportunities, which dampens growth in these countries.
- Stimulating these opportunities requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries.
- In turn, these bottlenecks can be addressed through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms while leveraging WBG programs and projects to develop our own proactive sector interventions and innovative project design.
- IFC is seeking to hire an Investment Analyst to support Upstream and Advisory work in the Africa region with a primary focus on the agriculture, agribusiness and forestry sector covering.
- The Investment Analyst will support the development of high-quality Upstream and Advisory pipeline through research, analytical and operational work.
- Provide research and analysis on relevant sectors, markets and companies, including market mapping, comparator analysis, and sector and company financial projections/models.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements of companies within the sector to support informed decision making.
- Extract data from internal and external databases, interpret, analyze and tailor presentation of data for various audiences; update/maintain information in relevant databases.
- Review, screen and prepare relevant business documents, presentations, and reports.
- Support the Upstream Advisory team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Agribusiness, International Relations, Engineering, or other relevant field. MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- At least 3 years work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, analytical, knowledge-based work environment.
- Attention to detail and quality, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work.
- Genuine commitment to development, the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy, and values.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and database skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to build relationships with counterparties (internal and external) to exchange information required for internal processes.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and French.
26th December, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online