ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals. For over two decades, we have built a firm uniquely equipped to achieve these objectives and our reputation for quality research, investment expertise and value-added services has endeared us to clients both locally and internationally. Throughout our history, we have strategically positioned ourselves to take advantage of growth opportunities within Africa and major international markets on behalf of our clients. Our disciplined and consistent approach to investment management has helped us not only to maintain long-term relationships with our clients but also to continue to attract and retain good people.
Job Position: Investment Associate
Job Location: Lagos
- The Investment Associate (IA) provides financial modelling and valuation analysis support to the senior Fund Management Team in selecting, executing deals and monitoring the existing portfolio. He individual has the responsibility of to ensure due diligence on all facts/figures that may influence investment decisions and secure Investment approval documentation.
- Among other things, the IA supports the senior Fund Management Team in technical writing, business tracking, reporting and creation of presentations for client and prospect meetings, provide research support for the equity strategy of the senior Fund Management Team by scanning and gathering relevant basic/fundamental market research data to guide them.
- The job is demanding, and requires long hours, but offers exciting challenges and prospects. Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Project) is a requirement.
Market and Investment Opportunity Analysis –
- Manage the financial analytics and financial modeling engagements of investments and investment considerations of the fund in the sectors of Energy, Transport and Utilities.
- Assist with the coordination of, and fully participates in, the due diligence of investment targets, providing advanced analytical, deal-structuring, financial modelling, valuation, research, negotiation, and other transaction support as required.
- Conduct research on Fund target sectors, countries, projects, etc, as appropriate, to support the Fund Management Team decision-making regarding deal flow development and prioritisation;
- Collect and interpret data including but not limited to company financial statements, price developments, currency adjustments and yield fluctuations. The information gathering also includes macro developments, such as following a country’s significant political changes, climate change and the impact of natural disasters, and emerging industries and service sectors.
- Prepare internal and external reports on investments; fund metrics such as pipeline, the types and sizes of deals, their stage of advancement, their location, information on cosponsors/ counterparties, the Fund’s interest, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of documentation required in line with the Fund investment process, to support submissions to and securing of and approvals from, the Managing Director/CEO, the Investment Committee, and the Fund Advisory Board, for the closing of investment transactions.
- Prepare presentations and written materials relevant for the fund managers deliverables including reports for investors, annual investor reports and other fund documentation.
- In the course of his/her work, the Investment Associate will have some level of direct interaction with management of the companies being researched or similar key players and may also meet with relevant stakeholders.
Due Diligence and Post-completion Monitoring –
- Conducts advanced financial and operational performance analyses of portfolio companies post deal completion, to track performance against operational and investment returns targets, and to provide early warning of material deviations from expectations. This may include but not be limited to:
- Assisting portfolio companies in the development of business plans and budgets;
- Attending Board meetings of investee companies if designated to serve on such boards;
- Preparing reports on the status and performance of investments;
- Financial modelling, sensitivity, and scenario analysis; and
- Identifying value creation opportunities for portfolio companies and making recommendations in that regard to the Fund Management Team.
- Monitors portfolio companies’ adherence to Fund and other pertinent policies, processes, and procedures, and coordinates compliance with Fund reporting requirements with such companies as appropriate
Internal Process and Cost Management –
- Complies with administrative internal control process and procedures and supports the wider Fund Management Team to ensure similar compliance throughout the team.
- Assists with the development of business plans and budgets for the Fund, the Fund Management Company, and projects as appropriate, including providing financial modelling and other support.
- Prepares and/or supports the preparation of internal reports on actual performance against business plans and budget, for review by the Managing Director/CEO and Chief Investment Officer.
- Complies with project budgets as approved.
Competencies Required –
- Strong Intellect: with emphasis on analytics, mathematics, finance, and economics.
- Intellectual curiosity and the knack for solving complex problems
- Discipline: for accomplishing demanding tasks
- Entrepreneurship: The ability to be creative and innovative
- Global perspective and broad-mindedness: to understand other cultures and societies, and ability to work with international partners
- Relationship Building: through a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail and willingness to work hard.
- Good business communication skills.
- Commitment to staying up to date on industry trends in investments.
- Strong interest in funds, infrastructure, energy and other themes relevant to the Employer.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
- Ability to conduct analysis of financial projections and impact of financing variables through the preparation of valuation models.
- Financial modelling skills.
- Experience of financial analysis and ability to develop complex financial models.
- Advanced skill in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of financial tools for tracking projects.
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree /Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated qualification in quantitative / analytical discipline such as finance, accounting or economics, and other subjects that provide training in analytical and quantitative skills, such as statistics, mathematics, or engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience in a similar or related position
- CFA, ACCA, other relevant qualifications will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online