WAICA Reinsurance Corporation Plc is one of the fastest growing reinsurance companies in Africa. WAICA Re is headquartered in Freetown (Sierra Leone) and operates through four (4) Regional Offices across Africa namely Lagos (Nigeria), Accra (Ghana), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) and Tunis (Tunisia). It also has three (4) Subsidiary Companies namely, WAICA Re Zimbabwe Limited in Harare (Zimbabwe), WAICA Re Kenya in Nairobi (Kenya) and investments company namely WAICA Capital, Accra (Ghana) and WAICA Re (United Kingdom).
Job Position: Investments Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- The Investments Manager will be responsible for the overall development of investment strategies, managing investment portfolios, preparing and reporting on the analysis of investments and assist in the analysis of a variety of treasury activities including capital, liquidity and cash management, banking relationships, managing variety of internal and external risks such as foreign exchange risk, interest rate risk and investment operational risk. The successful candidate will work with Chief Finance officers from subsidiaries and report directly to the Group Chief Finance Officer.
- Prepare and implement an annual investments strategy to help achieve the agreed Return on Investment KPI.
- Manage sourcing activities for investment funds including professional networking, strategy evaluation and due diligence in line with the approved Investment Policy and guidelines.
- Develop and implement risk-based asset allocation model and performance analytics to prepare recommendations for Executive Management.
- Monitor and evaluate portfolios by communicating with external managers and performance appraisals of the investments quarterly.
- Investigate potential portfolio additions and reallocations that optimize the management of risk and long-term return of identified investment goals.
- Prepare and analyze investment reports for Executive Management and the Board committee for effective decision making
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the investment team in sourcing, due diligence, monitoring and reporting on investments.
- Direct internal investment research activities: evaluate existing and prospective investment managers capital markets and other activities related to investment from quantitative and qualitative perspectives.
- Minimum of First Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Investment, Statistics or other relevant fields.
- A Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent will be an added advantage
- A professional qualification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or its equivalent.
- Must possess 10 years relevant working experience in investment/fund management with a minimum of 5 years in a margerial role.
- Must have good knowledge of investment instruments particularly Fixed to come instruments.
- Possess global market knowledge including good understanding of sustainable and green investing
- Ability to monitor and analyze investment portfolios and Recommend changes when necessary
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate affectively to diverse stakeholders.
20th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.