The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict-affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State.
- Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
Job Overview / Summary
- The IT Assistant will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone, they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 10 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software.
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to:
- Indirect / Technical Reporting: IT officer
- Position directly Supervises: None.
Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Nigeria
- Region/Global: West African Region.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience with NGOs, international organizations or equivalent.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 7, MS Office 2013, Sophos Anti-Virus, Routers.
- Experience with following technologies: LAN, WAN, VSAT [c and Ku band], VSAT installer certification preferred
- Hardware Maintenance, and great documentation skills.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem-solving.
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and Basic Networking Skills.
- Ability to Travel: None.