Bolton White Hotel is a leading hospitality company located in the the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes’ drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the Federal Secretariat. The hotel has 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk and satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, direct-detail telephone/modern and Wi-Fi. Non-smoking rooms available on request.
Job Position: IT Officer
Job Location: Abuja
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Investigating faults in the network and updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- Excellent time management.
- Must possess at least Bsc in Computer Science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Applicants must have 2-4 years of experience in the above-mentioned field.
- Good knowledge of Software/Hardware Installations, Operating Systems, LAN, WAN etc.
- Excellent knowledge of routers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Skilled in NVR and DVR – CCTV operations
- A previous experience in a hospitality environment is preferred
- A current/previous experience of MS Dynamic NAV, Micros and Opera is an advantage
- Working knowledge of MS Server, SQL, ADDCis an added advantage
14th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.