Big Field Digital is an award-winning Software Engineering, Digital Growth, and Marketing agency in Ibadan. We are one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Nigeria. We work with clients in Nigeria, Ghana, USA, UK, and Canada. Already in our team, you will find experienced Software Engineers and Digital Marketers.
- Job Position: IT Project Manager (Intern)
- Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Big Field Digital is searching for a young IT Project Manager (intern) with some basic experience who is looking to develop their IT Project Management career and successfully manage mid – large-sized software product development such as web and mobile apps.
- Planning and implementing all technology-related tasks and initiatives.
- Defining project scope, and changes, to prevent scope creep, as well as setting up project quality standards and ensuring they are implemented according to their scope, budget, and timeline.
- Developing and overseeing projects at all stages (planning till deployment), managing relationships with stakeholders, budget, reducing risks and issues.
- Project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery.
- Setting out clear and effective communication processes for all stakeholders, while managing project deliverables with team members.
- Ensuring that all issues, conflicts, and critical path deliverables are promptly resolved.
- Managing day-to-day project development activities and progress.
- Bringing in excellence, creativity, innovation, and analytical thought process into all tasks.
- Coming up with frequent reports on project milestones, plans, deliverables, issues, and recommendations.
- Ensuring that project delivery meets the needs and requirements of the project owner/business.
- Technical background (Familiar with tech projects and terms).
- Technically competent in industry-leading PM tools such as Confluence, JIRA, MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Visio / Lucidchart, or similar
- Software Quality Assurance / User Acceptance testing experience is a BONUS!
- Software Business Analysis experience, creation of Functional Document Specifications (FSDs) is also an added advantage.
- Excellent experience in managing an Agile team (SCRUM), and SDLC.
- Project management experience in planning, managing, and tracking moderately complex IT projects, as well as translating objectives into project plans.
- Relationship management skills will be required, as you will be interacting with several levels of management, product owners, and other stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- A high level of leadership skill and accountability to build teams, ensure everyone is motivated to perform their assigned tasks and reach project milestones.
- Project slides/deck creation and presentation skills.
- Experienced using remote presentation/meeting apps such as Zoom, GoTo Meeting etc.
- Understand how technology interacts with business needs and operations in an evolving market.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to apply project management standards and adapt to changes in processes.
- Establish benchmark data and other best practices through research to ensure the organization keeps up with acceptable standards of service delivery and results.
- Experienced leading, motivating, and managing various project, and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team members accountable for their performance.
- Ability to work independently, and with teams where you will be required to demonstrate teamwork, innovation, and creativity in a fast-paced environment. You might also be required to work remotely from time to time.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Fast learner, can quickly understand and apply new technologies, as well as highlight cost implications of projects.
- Ability to lead projects, create, and track project schedules for stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met promptly within a specified budget.
- Should be willing to start work immediately or within short notice.
- Must be 100 % committed and ready to work full time. We are not looking for a freelancer.
- You will enjoy competitive pay and an opportunity to manage top-notch projects.
16th April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and Curriculum Vitae to:
[email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- If you have some IT Project Management experience but do not necessarily meet all our requirements, we strongly encourage you to still send in your application.
- This is not a remote position. You will be required to work from our office here in Ibadan.