Adonis & Abbey Publishers was incorporated in the United Kingdom on March 18 2003. It started its journey from a kitchen in South East London where the publisher lived then. Today the company has published nearly 200 titles. Its books are distributed across the world. In 2004, the company extended into journal publishing with the twin aims of addressing the problem of high mortality rate of academic journals published by Africans and enabling African scholars to own their research agenda rather than constantly anticipating the needs of the funding agencies which, in those days, usually funded the publication of such journals. Quite often journals published by departments or faculties in African Universities in those days tended to fizzle out once the main drivers of such journals were no longer there or once funds dried up. In 2021, the company started a Nigeria-focused imprint, PCJ Press Limited, to print, publish and distribute books of all genre in Nigeria. The company also publishes the online newspaper, The News Chronicle.
Job Position: IT Specialist
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Ensuring company websites are maintained and updated when necessary
- Engaging in digital retouching of the site
- Understanding of key website design principles and SEO optimization
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline the WordPress development cycle
- Support, extend, and/or enhance existing code
- Testing and debugging websites
- Offering technical consultancy services when necessary.
- B.Sc., BA, with a minimum of an OND in IT, Computer Science, or an equivalent qualification
- At least two years of working experience with WordPress and other web programming languages
- Experience with SEO fundamentals
- Experience working on responsive websites
- Immediate start for the right candidate.
Skills and competencies:
- Proficiency with the use of MySQL for database management
- Proficiency in the use of graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Corel Draw
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A sense of urgency for every project work
- Ability to meet up with timelines/deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Computer hardware will be an added advantage.
N80,000 – N150,000 Monthly.
10th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.