FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
Job Position: IT Technical Support Intern
Job Location: Owerri, Imo
- This role will involve responsibility to ensuring that the network backbone and shared resources including servers are configured and maintained in a manner that will provide smooth operation of the IT infrastructure which supports the MIS of the organization.
- These include design, documentation, implementation, maintenance and support of the network infrastructure to achieve the required efficiency and to minimize downtimes at all times as per SLAs.
- Assures system stability, security and maximum uptime.
- Monitors access to system resources, and tracks connectivity and security problems.
- Analyzes problems and implements solutions according to organization’s procedures.
- Performs circuit and network troubleshooting to diagnose system problems; analyzes system functionality; identifies, locates, and resolves complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption of critical applications.
- Monitors and reviews system log reports and network documentation.
- Resolves and repairs problems within scope of authority.
- Ensuring availability of the network resources at all times
- Investigate problems with network components and hardware and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken
- Oversee and maintain content filtering solutions
- Install and maintain network cabling
- Install and maintain fiber where applicable
- Provide technical advice as required for system planning.
- Developing and maintaining network standards and keep all documentation related to the network infrastructure.
- Regular and timely reporting and escalation of all network related problems to all relevant parties.
- Working closely with outsourced vendors to implement and manage the network infrastructure
- Develop good working relationships with other members of the team and vendors
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure clients receive the best service; maintain good relations with clients, and timely respond to the needs of existing clients.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
- Responds promptly to customer needs as per guidelines in the FINCA Customer Service Standards.
- OND in Computer Science or any related field required.
- A Computer Science graduate looking to undergo a 1-year industrial training
- IT letter from applicants’ designated Institution of Learning
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of IT Software and hardware components.
- Leading with Integrity
- Reinforces our values through daily behavior
- Holds others accountable to ethical behavior Encourages full disclosure of mistakes
- Confronts unethical behavior quickly.
- Advanced level of computer literacy is a must.
- Good knowledge of research tools and methodologies, including SPSS statistical program.
- Customer Relationship Officers
- Branch Managers / Business Unit Managers
- Banking Service Supervisor
- Front Office staff
- Marketing team.
- Agency Banking Officer
- Channels Banking Officers.
8th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online