Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
Job Position: Warehouse Manager
Ref No: JR1048340
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Role
- This role manages the day to day warehousing operations in specific markets in Africa, providing a service of executing operations, partnering with warehouse providers and adding value to each market in the region.
- The role holder will work with a complex range of in-market stakeholders (MD, Supply, Finance, and Commercial), in market warehousing teams as well as the central Operational Excellence and CoE team.
- The role will need to interact across cultures & have a strong influence/impact within business
- The role will also need to engage and partner with key Diageo Supply Partners (3PL’s, GDBS, etc.) as well as external suppliers.
- Execute Distribution Requirements Plan – Receive Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) from PLAN, provide warehousing space, manage warehouse shortfalls and flag threshold capacity.
- Inventory Management & Quality Control (Finished Goods, Raw & Pack Material). Track inventory levels, Track stock ageing, Innovations and SLOBs plus relaying information back to PLAN.
- Manage 3PL Contracts-Manage 3PL provider’s performance (including cost), Lead SPM reviews, track set KPI milestones, suggest improvements and implementation of initiatives.
- Warehouse Operations (Finished Goods, Raw and Pack Materials) -Create and execute warehouse and yard schedules, optimize processes, manage reconciliations and treatment of variances.
- Warehouse set-up (Finished Goods) – Ensure warehouse (owned or leased) meets Diageo Health, safety & environmental standards (HSE standards), Optimize lighting, signage, security, warehouse racks and layout configuration.
- Lead and motivate the team to deliver the Center of Excellence (CoE) requirements including influencing those non-direct reports.
- BSc in a Supply Chain related subject.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a warehouse manager in handling FMCGs preferably handling 3PL.
- Demonstrable ability to engage and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change within the warehouse environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organization
- The ability to use Warehouse Management System (WMS) systems and guide others will be an advantage
- Numerate and ability to apply KPI’s to drive performance management at all levels in the warehouse.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online