Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Position: Tax Account Manager
- As a Tax Manager who will direct and manage multiple operations related to taxes and deliver tax services, your primary responsibility is to manage specific tax-related functions in addition to compliance-related activities i.e. report monthly and quarterly tax preparation. In addition to this, provide a reconciliation of a company’s condition for income tax.
- Plan, manage and develop over all aspects of the company& tax process.
- Deliver a full range of tax services within a given period.
- Identify tax risks and provide mitigation plans.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with the company’s consultants &tax regulators. Coordinate with tax audits and special tax-related projects.
- Provide inventive tax planning and review intricate income tax returns.
- Implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Manage and support members of the AR/AP team on tax-related topics.
- Mentor accounting staff and review their performance on tax-related topics.
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process of the company.
- Maintain and reconcile tax balances on the general ledger.
- Prepare all tax papers on a regular basis.
- Review quarterly tax projections.
- Timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business filings.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law development and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide help in minimizing tax risk in regards to acquisitions, mergers, and various other business dealings.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
Job Qualifications & Experience
- BSc (Master degree as added advantage) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in finance, accounting, and operational processes.
- Proven 5+ years of experience as a tax manager or accountant or a similar role.
- Solid knowledge about Nigeria federal, state, and local reporting requirements i.e excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
- ICAN or CITN (or both) membership compulsory. Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Proficiency in MS office and tax reporting software.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data.
- Hardworking and honest.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online