Jubaili Bros, with over 40 years of experience, is a leading provider of Power Solutions in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Jubaili Bros serves its customers by offering high quality diesel generating sets through 10 countries with 3 manufacturing plants and 29 branches & service centers that are dedicated to customer satisfaction.
Job Position: Junior Accountant
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- To carry out all accounting related functions, entries and controls including issuing and reviewing bank reconciliation reports, branches reconciliation, updating and monitoring customers’ and suppliers’ accounts
- Preparing salaries, issuing account statements; entering stock items
- Preparing periodic reports, to better control the company’s income and expenditures.
- Make entries for all payments by monitoring and controlling entries done by the Cashier for collections, and all purchases’ entries and postings on the accounting system (Purchase and journal entries); and costing for foreign purchased / imported items, and reporting them, to better control the payments in due dates, and raise any discrepancies.
- Prepare daily main reconciliation reports with branches by issuing, reviewing and annotating the reports as well as incoming transfers and settlements, in order to maintain balanced and controlled accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliation reports by issuing, reviewing and annotating the reports as well as bank incoming transfers and L/C settlements, in order to submit to the Audit department for review and processing action.
- Update payments’ due date registers, by monitoring and issuing payments for suppliers in due times including telephone, fuel bills, and insurance, preparing customers’ bills to collect; and checking for incoming bank transfers from customers, as part of income and expenses control.
- Control and replenish petty cash and custody boxes, through making entries of daily received cheques and cash payments, and the expenses paid out, to maintain the specified balance set for the boxes.
- Prepare monthly salaries, by attaining needed information from the HR department, and getting relevant managers approvals, making needed entries and advising allowances to be paid, to ensure no errors occur in the payments of salaries and preserving the employees’ rights.
- Prepare monthly tax and pension reports by reviewing accounting information, and submitting to the Financial Controller for payment, to display the accuracy of payments needed.
- Reconcile and issue invoices and receipt vouchers to cash and credit accounts clients for the sales of goods (generators, spares); as well as for after sales services (contracts, on-calls, overhauling), to show the sales levels and ensure accurate invoicing of orders.
- Prepare daily journals, by ensuring all needed entries are made as necessary, to better control the payment transactions.
- Review and reconcile payment vouchers, by preparing receipts of payments and payment voucher of deposits into banks, reconciling petty cash and custody, and preparing bank payment vouchers, to ensure all payments are covered.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance or similar fields
- 1 to 2 years experience within a similar industry.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Core Competencies: Analytical skills, Integrity & Honesty.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online