The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and a staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
Job Position: Junior Accountant
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
- The Junior Accountant will process all financial transactions, reconcile accounts and prepare data/reports.
- This post involves inward/outward invoicing, including payment progression. Significant relevant experience in general financial duties is essential.
- To ensure the proper and timely valuation of monthly stock counts, preparation of variance report and Budget monitoring.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Processing data through the sales and purchase ledgers from the point of receipt of the invoice to completion of the transaction.
- Reconciliation of Bank Statement with Payment Voucher, purchase and sales ledgers.
- Processing financial transactions through Sage and other accounting applications.
- Determining the Costs of Performances, Functions and Activities in a manner which Facilitates Analysis and Valid Comparisons with Established Criteria among time Periods.
- Monthly stock Valuation, Stock taking, Stock reconciliation, and Budget monitoring.
- Preparation of Monthly Financial statements and Inter-branch Accounts Reconciliation.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a maximum of OND in Accountancy
- Have at least 1-year cognate experience
- Have excel data analytics skills, and should be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Be Attentive with a keen eye for details
- Have the wherewithal to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
- Must be computer literate. With commendable use of Standard Office Applications, Microsoft Operating System, and Accounting Applications such as NAV, SAGE:-Peachtree, Quick book, Daceasy etc.
20th July 2022.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae no later than the closing date.