Benel Energy is a knowledge driven organisation that provides technical and innovative solutions to the oil and gas industry in the Gulf of Guinea with vast experience in the oil and gas upstream operations.
Benel Labs, a subsidiary of Benel Energy Resources Limited, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Graduate Junior Data Scientist
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
- Researching and learning new mathematical models that can improve current project output and accuracy.
- Creating mathematical models or applying already existing models to domain problems.
- Creating reports and Manuscripts outlining the pros and cons of chosen models, and assumptions used to build the model
- Keep pace with recent development in the industry and pitch the implementation of at least one of these new models to Benel Labs team.
- Come up with ideas to help improve the activities of the lab
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- B.Sc / BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative field is preferred
- 0 – 2 years experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining.
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of SQL and Python;
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Powerbi) and data frameworks
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proximity to the Island is an added advantage.
Attractive+Hmo, Pension and Performance Bonus.
14th February, 2023.