Blucolar Africa is a Software development company that strives to make a difference with ethics and creativity while providing the best services and digital solutions within West Africa and beyond.
Job Position: Junior Product Designer
- We are looking for a Junior Product Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients.
- The Product Designer’s responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components.
- To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools.
- If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- Minimum of 1-year work experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of modern wireframe tools
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Figma or related design platform
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Background in Graphic Design will be an added advantage
- The ability to quickly conceptualize ideas from mere documentation will be an added advantage.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.