Eden Life Inc. is a tech-enabled service that puts your home’s chores on autopilot. At Eden, our mission is to 10x the quality of life in Africa by automating chores so they never have to bother about them again. To do this, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization. You are welcome at Eden for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our services are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Job Position: Junior Production Assistant (Kitchen Assistant)
Job Location: Lagos
- We’re looking to hire Junior Production Assistants (Kitchen Assistants) to work as part of our Food Production Team.
- This role assisting chefs during prep, provides support on procurement and inventory activities, and ensures that the food production facility is & hygiene maintenance.
- At Eden, we are on a mission to delight our customers with healthy, delicious food, that’s always on time.
- To get there, we need people who are driven, committed, and willing to get the job done, exceptionally well. If this sounds like you, come join us.
As a Junior Production Assistant, your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Support inventory control activities; properly count and weigh all ingredients in the storage.
- Ensure store rooms and chillers are properly organized
- Collaborate with the cleaners to maintain high hygiene practices daily.
- Collaborate with team members to support cleaning on scheduled deep cleaning days – (Clearing of refrigerators, freezers, and pantries)
- Report and record notable food waste (bad and damaged food ingredients) in real time on the bad and damaged tracker
- Support procurement by receiving produce delivered by suppliers, and ensure proper storage of items, according to Eden standards
- Responsible for pre-prep duties such as;
- Washing & cutting of ingredients as required and instructed by the prep unit lead or station lead
- Weighs out produce or protein to exact requirements
- Provide general support as needed to ensure a smooth food production process at all times.
- Possess at least a Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE); OND qualification
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be great at time management, to ensure tasks are concluded within the expected timeframe
- High attention to details.
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens is a plus; must demonstrate good knowledge of the job description and what is required.
- Good basic knowledge of food health and safety standards and practices.
- Effective communication skills (timely and proactive).
Work Schedule and Remuneration
- You will be required to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week, and a maximum of 5 (which can fall on Saturday or Sunday) as rotated.
- You can be scheduled to work either in the Day or Night Shift.
- Payment is flexible and is made at the end of week or month (depending on when you want). A payment of N3,500 is made for each shift.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online