Nutri K Limited – Is a subsidiary of Nutriset Group was established to provide technical support in the specialized manufacturing, commercialization, and distribution process of ready-to-use food for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in Nigeria.
With a population of nearly 180 million people, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. However, every year, over 500.000 children under the age of five years old die from malnutrition. About 1.7million of Nigerian children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, and close to a third of the 10 million under 5 age children suffer from chronic malnutrition; NUTRIK LTD is dedicated to the fight against malnutrition in Nigeria. The company specialized in manufacturing nutritional food used for the care of children affected by malnutrition. NUTRIK supplies humanitarian and health programmes with high-quality ready-to-use-therapeutic and supplementary food (RUTF, RUSF), as well as lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS).
- Job Position: Laboratory Technician
- Job Location: Kano
- Contract Duration: 3 Months (with possibility of extention)
- The Laboratory Technician is responsible for the quality, food safety and esthetics of the product.
- The Lab technicians follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety, Quality Food standards and product quality standards.
- To sample and check product to ensure it meets NUTRIK standards and to lift the overall quality of Plumpy’Nut product going to the customer by:
- Maintaining and improving good practices
- Facilitating change to achieve continuous improvement in quality
- Providing assurances that quality standards are being met
- Overviewing daily production quality at site level.
- Responsible for monitoring, and programing critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety standards.
- Conduct standardized chemistry and microbiological tests on food, premix, and raw materials in order to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Collect product samples for lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Language skills: English & Hausa
- Education degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Food science or related field required.
- Work experience: 2 years’ food industry plant experience & Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
Other Required Skills:
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and
- deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts
5th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and Nutri K reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.