Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
Job Position: Electrical Engineer Lead
Job Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
- We are recruiting for the role of Lead Electrical Engineer to join the growing team in Nigeria. The candidate should be adept in troubleshooting and resolving possible problems with electrical systems and equipment.
- The services to be performed would include inspecting and testing electrical components and machines, alterations, maintenance, and repairs as necessary.
- This role would support the deployment of new initiatives/POC projects to already existing or new locations.
- The individual should also be passionate about solving one of Nigeria’s most critical challenges – energy access deficit. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in Asia and Africa, including India, Tanzania, Nigeria etc.
- Co-coordinating and leading a larger engineering team both locally and globally.
- Responsible for handling any technical breakdowns related to engineering / maintenance issues.
- Troubleshooting of customer side issues like load calculation, identification of root cause.
- Handling of inverters, breakers, electrical protections, metering system & communication system.
- Timely coordination to resolve issues being faced during plant and machine O&M, along with relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Handling of various retrofits for electrical systems and machines.
- Responsible for the installation & commissioning of various identified efficiency improvement measures.
Electrical Service Management:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution and integration of new initiatives/POC projects.
- Actively identifying faults, hazards and troubleshooting to return to as –Built order
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure resource availability, allocation and develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Ensure proactive measures in making sure responses to faults, repairs fall within schedule
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Coordinate and maintain regular communication, as well as develop positive and productive relationships with customers, community focus groups/stakeholders, Village Power Committee (VPC), vendors/suppliers/subcontractors etc.
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum of HND from a leading institution with a Degree in Electrical Engineering or related course.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in handling and troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment.
- Postgraduate degree or relevant certification (COREN, NEMSA etc), a plus.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.Experience with renewable energy power systems, productive use machines, etc is highly desired.
General Skills & Attributes:
- Good understanding of semiconductor devices, solar inverters, solar system, power generation and electrical machines.
- Good knowledge of electricity generation, distribution, energy metres, tariff metres.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues of all types of motors, starters, transformers etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot for and quickly resolve electrical faults in solar hybrid mini grids and electrical machines.
- Familiarity with basic logic and control.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Highly resourceful and ability to be mostly hands on with issue resolution.Knowledge and handling skills of high load consumer durables.
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; and determine accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required
12th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Husk Power Systems and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need.
- We hire without consideration to race, colour, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.