Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-center of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
- Job Position: Lead Performance, Rewards & Shared Services
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
What will you do?
- Formulate and execute Performance Management & Rewards Strategy for Airtel Nigeria in line with Airtel Group philosophy and local regulations to ensure internal parity, competitive advantage, and alignment with global recommendations resulting in improved performance, employee satisfaction, and retention.
- Ensure effective implementation of Airtel Africa compensation strategies in Nigeria whilst considering local peculiarities
- Develop precise action plans around employee reward issues from Airtel Nigeria employee engagement survey feedback
- Ensure consistency of employee remuneration with performance and market value.
- Drive the job evaluation process
- Engage world-class service providers in research and delivery of reward service and salary survey data for Airtel Nigeria
- Manage relationships with these service providers to ensure data provided meets Airtel Nigeria’s requirements.
- Design customized incentive packages for employees in various roles/cadre
- Ensure that remuneration, bonus pay-outs, and other incentives are clearly inked to individual/team performance
- Ensure effective implementation of these incentives and continuous reviews in line with economic and market realities
- Participate in the selection of suppliers.
- Monitor performance and put in place remedial action where needed.
- Recommend salaries for newly appointed promoted individuals in line with the salary structures.
- Recommend salary increases for staff, in line with performance appraisal results and in consultation with the Heads of departments.
- Oversee data availability and optimization of Airtel Nigeria HR costs
- Provide effective HR cost forecast in line with planned employee activities such as salary reviews, incentive pay-outs, etc.
- Facilitate the design, deployment (including training), and implementation of the Performance Management process aligned with Airtel Africa Performance Management System
- Ensure continuous employee communication in Airtel Nigeria on Airtel performance and Performance Management guides and principles
- Support the setting of performance objectives and ensure that these are in harmony with the balanced scorecard commitments for the planning period.
- Ensure a well-informed Airtel Nigeria HR Community on Airtel Africa/Nigeria reward strategies, policies, and practices.
What will make you successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- Master’s in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred would be desirable
- Professional qualification on Compensation & benefits
- Proven track record of delivering remuneration strategies
- Knowledge of international benefits trends
- Excellent Networks in the industry/sector
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to HR areas, particularly staffing, compensation base, and incentive compensation programs, and company policies and administrative practices.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to project/process, manage
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- The high degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality
- Minimum of 8 years of HR experience, with at least 3 years experience in designing and implementing sound compensation, benefits, and Performance Management systems
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous compensation design and program performance simulation projects
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing proactively with all levels of internal and external management and vendor or agency personnel
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills for researching, analyzing, and developing compensation-related programs and recommendations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online