Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-center of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
- Job Position: Lead, Portfolio Management
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To lead the definition, delivery, and in-life management of GSM/ VAS products/ services for Airtel Business.
- The role holder manager will have full ownership of the product management and development portfolio for GSM and VAS. These portfolios will continually evolve as one initiative is delivered and a new one is identified and will form a core part of the individual’s objectives.
New Product / Service Delivery:
- Commercial lead for the development of Airtel Business products and proposition from concept to launch, taking responsibility for conceptualization, scoping, implementation and operationalization
- Develop new products and services within the distinct Airtel Business brand and ensure effective hand-over to the segment management team and relevant in-life product managers
- Scoping of the technical and operational feasibility of bringing product proposition to market. Documentation of detailed business, process, and functional requirements for product concepts to support product and proposition launches
- Work with the IT and network teams to develop a working understanding of the technical deliverables required to meet the business needs and ensuring that any the proposed solution will be fit for purpose and commercially viable.
- Manage the trade-off between speed to market, cost, and quality throughout the lifecycle of the project engaging stakeholders as required
- Manage and maintain project budget, controlling and analyzing impacts of changes as the project proceeds through its life cycle.
- Working with appropriate Segment team and marketing communication teams to ensure appropriate ‘go to market plans are in place for all new product/proposition initiatives
Product Management, proposition Development, Revenue, and Margin Management:
- Lead all tariffs and pricing approvals
- Work with Airtel stakeholder community to develop a competitively priced value proposition and packages that generate agreed margins for products and services.
- Ensure a high level of customer and network experience for the segment
- End-to-end management of existing SME products (GSM and Non-GSM) and value propositions to meet targets for profitability and revenues, as agreed with the Head, Product Management / Development
Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Usage, and Retention analysis and Intervention:
- Manage each in-life products and services on a profit and loss account basis, using financial performance data to make individual product investment and withdrawal decisions, proposing and implementing changes required to optimize performance through
- Analyze the daily, weekly, and monthly reports, region wise and at pan OPCO level to understand the trend of customer demands and acceptability inclination
Total Quality Management:
- Develop the standard for ensuring companywide operational readiness and go /no go decision gates for all product launches
- Documentation of detailed business, process, and functional requirements for product concepts to support product and proposition launches
- Full integration of quality management processes and their effective deployment on a day-to-day basis.
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Ensure that all product launches are supported by the end to end definition of the customer journey from lead to cash to trouble resolution, in order to deliver optimal customer experience and first time right in all product launches
Commercial Viability assessments:
- Work with Segment teams and all stakeholders to develop a financial appraisal model as a decision gate prior to product development kick-off
Market and Customer insights:
- Use market gap analysis and segmentation data on the Nigerian enterprise solutions market to identify opportunities for additional products and services. Present compelling business cases for new products, demonstrating a return on investment
Cross-Functional Engagement and Support:
- Work with all relevant stakeholders in the definition, impact assessments, and development of new products. Stakeholders include but are not limited to IT, Networks, Legal and Regulatory, Marketing, Customer service, Supply chain, External vendors, HR, and Regional sales teams
Trade and Sales team information dissemination and Training:
- Carry out a training needs analysis and deliver appropriate training to support every product launch
- Effective interpretation and cascade of all new enterprise value propositions to the regional Enterprise sales team
Effective Competitor analysis and Intelligence:
- Effectively liaise with all relevant stakeholders in analyzing competitor’s activities as well as relevant market development and proposing pre-emptive countermeasures which may be in the form of new product initiatives
- Provide clarity of purpose to team members
- Ensure effective prioritization of product development activities and alignment of such to the overall SBU and company-wide objective
- Coach, the mentor, and guide team members, ensuring high motivation and engagement
- Put in place a training and development plan for members of the team
- A first degree or its equivalent in Computer science, Business Administration, Sales, and Marketing or Business related discipline
- 8+ years of varied experience in Sales & Marketing with at least 4 years at middle management level handling independent businesses.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise systems is highly desirable
- Relevant experience in the Telecom industry is desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online