PTK Consulting Limited – Our clients who are into Investment Services and has offices across the Federation is recruiting to fill the position below in their Asaba, Delta State office:
- Job Position: Legal, Admin & Compliance Officer
- Job Location: Asaba, Delta
- The role will be responsible for supporting the General Manager of a power plant in the day-to-day management of legal, administrative (including human resources), and compliance activities.
Legal / Corporate Services:
- Drafting, reviewing, and analyzing all Legal documents for the Company.
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the Company’s image in consonance with the Company Secretary.
- Collaborating with the management to devise efficient defense strategy where necessary, maintaining all legal files, and representing the Company in Court along with External Counsel where required.
- Specify internal governance policies and monitor regulatory compliance.
- Developing and leading corporate compliance and ensuring all regulatory matters comply with specifically Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, Department of Petroleum Resources, etc.
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state, and federal government bodies, legislature, and the community at large.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in relevant legislation affecting the Company
- Participation in the formulation of general legal policies, documents within the company.
- Ensure proper filing and
- Liaising with the Company secretary on all secretarial matters.
- Ensuring corporate timelines, condition precedent, and subsequent are monitored and complied with.
HR, Admin & Facilities:
- Support business needs through sourcing, engagement, development, motivation, and retention of the right pool of talents.
- Establish and administer the payroll, staff welfare, and general personnel reward system
- Oversee all internal administrative processes and procedures to ensure the work environment is conducive and enhances productivity.
- Oversee and coordinate the purchase of office utility items and the payment for services with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Ensure timely remittance of statutory deductions and maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with regulatory bodies.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, and related issues
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Design and ensure effective implementation of disciplinary and grievance procedures for all staff cadre.
- Provide decision support through HR metrics
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity, etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utility consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers, etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security, general cleanliness of the facilities and office space, etc.
- Allocate, manage and optimize the use of office space according to identified needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records as it relates to the roles
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- A Law degree with practice and admin experience in a related role is a pre-requisite;
- A degree or Certificate in Human Resources Management, Industrial and Labour Relations, Business Administration, Social Science, Humanities or any other related field would be an advantage.
- Must have 7-10 years of work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), strong interpersonal and people skills, excellent organizational and leadership skills, deeply analytical and critical thinking skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants must not be more than 32 years, must not have more than 7 years post-NYSC experience and must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service – NYSC
N100,000 – N150,000 / Month
28th March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: email@example.com using “Legal, Admin & Compliance Officer – Asaba Delta State” as the subject of the email.