EMGEE Resources Limited is a Logistics Focused Company. Our goal is to utilize decades of real world expertise to focus on closing the electricity and logistics gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa beginning with Nigeria. We are positioning ourselves to serve as a conduit for Sub-Saharan Africa to access solutions which include products, technology, and last mile logistics to enable the region better serve its communities.
Job Position: Legal and Human Resource Officer
Job Location: Abuja
- Draft a wide variety of legal agreements.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Recruiting, training and developing staff
- Making sure that staff get paid correctly and on time
- Pensions and benefits administration
- Approving job descriptions and advertisements
- Looking after the health, safety and welfare of all employees
- Organising staff training sessions and activities
- Monitoring staff performance and attendance
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures
- Ensuring candidates have the right to work at the organisation
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives.
- A Graduate Degree in Law (minimum of second class lower).
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- A minimum 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
- Good research skills.
N100,000 – N150,000 / month.
30th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.