Bamboo is a digital investment platform that gives customers direct, real-time access to US dollar fixed-income investments and US-listed stocks and ETFs right from their personal devices. Bamboo’s vision to empower every African with the resources they need to build wealth from the ground up is built on the belief that we can democratize access to a stream of wealth creation instruments, global investment opportunities for retail and institutional investors across Africa and foreign markets.
Job Position: Legal Associate
Job Location: Remote
- We are looking to hire a highly skilled Legal Associate with 2 – 3 years of experience.
- A successful candidate will play a vital role in providing comprehensive legal support and assistance to our Head of Legal on a broad spectrum of legal matters.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in legal research, drafting contracts, appeals, and other legal documents, and delivering sound legal counsel.
- Furthermore, the ideal candidate should exemplify unwavering reliability and integrity while consistently delivering exceptional work, even in high-pressure situations.
- Prepare, draft, and review various legal documents, such as contracts, agreements, internal policies, memoranda, and correspondence, and ensure the accuracy and compliance of these documents with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth legal research on various issues, including statutes and regulations, and provide concise legal analysis and guidance based on research findings.
- Keep abreast of changes in local, federal, and international laws and regulations relevant to Bamboo’s operations and guide stakeholders to ensure Bamboo’s full compliance with all legal requirements and to proactively identify potential legal risks and opportunities.
- Maintain an organised and up-to-date system for legal documentation and records. Prepare and maintain legal reports, summaries, and presentations as needed for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in managing contracts by tracking key dates, milestones, and obligations. Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that contracts are executed correctly and promptly.
- Assist in the negotiation and execution of legal agreements, offering legal insights and guidance.
- Provide general legal support and assistance to internal departments, address legal inquiries and concerns as they arise, and collaborate with external legal counsel when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB)
- Admitted to the Nigerian Bar
- 2 – 3 years of experience working as a legal associate in a law firm or as an in-house counsel.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey complex legal concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy, highly organized and capable of successfully handling multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
- Capable of exercising the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive legal matters and information
- Strong knowledge of emerging trends in technology especially financial technology is a plus.
- You are known for being a creative problem solver with the attitude that there is no problem that cannot be solved, fixed, or mitigated.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills with an ability to translate complex topics into easily digestible content and deliver presentations to a broad audience.
- You’re never tired of learning.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online