Benmaris Limited started as a professional manpower providers, financial consultants and general works contractor in 2007. It is a wholly owned Nigerian Company. Over the years, it has undertaken many challenging projects and accumulated skills, know-how and experiences in Facilities Management, Procurement and Supply Services, Design and Build Solutions, Project Management Services, Building Construction and related engineering works.
Job Position: Legal Counsel Officer- DW Assets (Strategy & BYSUBESS)
Job Location: Lagos
- Defence & Promotion of Company’s interests
- Undertake legal research on issues arising in the course of the Company’s operations relating to the Deepwater Asset, Security Division, Strategic Planning & Performance, and Business Development Departments.
- Prepare and review agreements with counterparties considering regulatory requirements, Company’s policies, and existing commitments with third parties.
- Participate in negotiations and provide legal guidance to the Company in transactions with counterparties. Legal Advice & Support
- Analyse legal risks / impact of ongoing and potential transactions in respect of the Deepwater Asset, Security Division, Strategic Planning & Performance and Business Development Departments and advocate appropriate mitigation measures.
- Assist the Contract Engineers to adapt existing contract templates to align with evolving regulatory and administrative requirements.
- Advise the Company on compliance with laws and regulations governing its activities in order to limit potential liabilities. Dispute Resolution Management
- Attend court / arbitrations and liaise with external counsel on matters involving the Company in respect of the Deepwater Asset, and as may be assigned by the Legal Manager, Deepwater Asset, Strategy & Business.
- Review processes (litigation / arbitration) and collate the Company’s response in dispute resolution matters in a professional manner and appropriately advance the interest of the Company.
- Discuss with external counsel on strategy to be adopted in the prosecution of claims by the Company and defence of claims against the Company.
Context and Environment
- Legal Counsel located in the Deepwater Asset.
- Work covers the Deepwater Asset, Security Division, Strategic Planning & Performance and Business Departments, and other departments and tasks as may be assigned by the Legal Manager, Deepwater Asset, Strategy & Business/General Counsel.
- Focal point for the Legal Department in negotiations with other companies
- LLB, BL with 5 to 7 years post-call to bar experience, 3 of which must be experienced in a law firm or commercial environment.
26th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV (preferably in Microsoft WORD) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Application may be overlooked if the job title is not used as the subject of the mail.