Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest-growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker, and more reliable.
- Job Position: Legal Counsel – West Africa
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Category: Business Operations
- We are looking to hire Legal Counsel in West Africa to provide legal advice to the country teams of Bolt in West Africa.
- You will use strong business acumen and pragmatism to assist with contracting while assessing and mitigating the legal and compliance risks of Bolt.
- You will thrive in an international business working environment in which Bolt is building the future of mobility and tech-enabled services that are moving society forward.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Day-to-day legal advice to internal stakeholders such as product, business development, tax, advertising, and local sales teams
- Coordinate advice with cross-functional stakeholders, including members of the tax and public policy teams
- Develop proactive and pragmatic legal solutions with the country teams to stay ahead of the curve
- Review agreements to provide advice consistent with legal and regulatory obligations of Bolt in West Africa
- Stay up to date with legislative developments, anticipate legal and commercial risks and advise and assist the business to prepare for them
- Draft and negotiate various agreements
- Manage and coordinate external legal support
We are looking for:
- You have completed a legal qualification from a reputable law school
- You have at least 4 years of experience, preferably at a law firm or an international company
- Your work experience includes legal support to tech-enabled products in a multitude of jurisdictions
- You are excellent at legal drafting
- You are at home with privacy, employment, consumer protection, and legal aspects of the gig economy
- You keep things simple
- You are an analytical thinker who loves to solve problems
Why you’ll love it here:
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- We don’t care where you work from, as long as you get the job done!
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! We have fridges full of refreshments, sports compensation, table tennis, Playstation and loads more…
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online