Bucksways Leverages and Investments Limited was incorporated as licensed limited liability company in 2017 providing financial convenience to the deficit users of fund. The company started informally in 2016 and formally commenced business in 2017. It has since steadily grown to become a valuable bridge in the finance and wealth creation value chain through breaking down the main limiting barrier of financing which stands between real and enterprising entrepreneurs who have been systematically denied assistance. Many of these businesses had been denied assistance by the formal finance system.
Job Position: Legal Officer
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To vet/draft security documents in accordance with approved terms, evaluating critical issues pertaining to security documents and ensuring that they do not contain any irregularity.
- To assist Documentation team when required, including drafting of new formats of documentation.
- To prepare all litigation cases together with other members of the Legal Unit, ensure proper follow up and report on the status of new and outstanding cases with proper escalation to Management;
- To introduce a prioritization process and turnaround time for all cases referred by Recovery Department;
- Reviews and ensures updates to the Bank’s documents as needed
- Participates in collaboration with the Legal Adviser, legislative and regulatory changes or developments that might affect the institution’s operations or Board activities, and ensure briefing of the Board to aid informed decisions
- Analyses formal complaints against the Bank and provides advice on measures of action
- Ensures proper legal consultations are provided to departments / units
- Conducts review on texts of standard contracts, agreements and forms
- Assists with the registration of agreements for submission to ministries, governmental departments, relevant administrations and agencies
- Prepares Memorandum of Understanding, bills and statutes on administrative matters and conduct research on appropriate emerging legal issues
- Attendance in court as the representative of the bank, liaising with the relevant Court Officials thereof on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized University
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience (i.e. Post Call to bar).
- Good experience in legal drafting, contract negotiation and corporate matter.
- Have a deep knowledge inLicensing Finance Company.
- Have good communication, negotiation skills, and administration
- Must possess a vast knowledge of the Law and exposure to the financial services sector.
- Broad knowledge in Nigerian law.
- Knowledge of corporate governance issues.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office package, database management and record keeping
- Ability to work with high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Effective and very good communication skills (written and oral).
10th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.