KOKO TV is a fast-growing music production company, based at London’s iconic music venue, KOKO. Founded in 2010, we have quickly established ourselves as a major player in the youth music market.
Job Position: Legal Officer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
- As part of our expansion plan, the KOKO Group is looking for a bright and commercial newly qualified lawyer with a daring and uncompromising spirit that will support and sustain our operations.
- Our digital media business operations are in the music, film, sport, television, and fashion industries, and this opportunity is for a talented individual to join the team and help with our business and clients in these sectors.
- This role will have a broad scope that involves a wide and interesting range of legal work, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, regulatory and business related compliance, marketing and promotional review, international development and bespoke projects.
- The roles will have more of a company, commercial law, and litigation focus and involving both Nigeria and overseas litigation.
- Preparation and negotiation of commercial and media contracts
- Advising on compliance and regulatory issues relating to Nigeria and international media and entertainment laws and licensing
- Advising on a range of legal matters such as trademarks, licensing, image rights, compliance etc concerning the group and clients.
- Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements
- Advising on day-to-day legal queries from clients, partners, agencies and business
- Advising and assisting in responding to customer complaints and external dispute resolution
- Assessing and advising on legal and commercial risks, and potential impacts and proposing creative solutions
- Ad hoc projects and business development opportunities as they arise
- Recent qualified or Junior Lawyer with top training and experience
- You will need to be highly motivated and proactive, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues.
- A strong commitment to media, entertainment, and sports rights, transparency, and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to think legally, analytically, strategically, and effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Capacity to appropriately plan and prioritize and to manage multiple demands efficiently
- Ability to defend and explain complex issues and positions to clients, partners, and staff and to advocate on these positions externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within and outside the organization
30th August 2022; 12:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a short paragraph on why they think they are good fit for the role and CV as an attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.