Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
Job Position: Legal Officer
Job Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
- The Legal Officer provides daily support to the Corporate Services Department and will carry out legal advisory duties.
- The Legal Officer is responsible for the preparation and review of all legal agreements in line with regulatory obligations, guaranteeing the Bank’s adherence to regulatory obligations, and providing legal advice to the Bank’s management about all relevant issues
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory agencies such as CBN, NDIC, CAC, etc.
- Review of all agreements with institutional service providers and their complete implementation
- Processing of prompt execution and sealing of agreements and documents.
- Guide and ensure compliance with all local and laws of Federal legislation
- Provides legal support to the HR, Credit, Recovery, Compliance and Operations departments
- Negotiation, drafting, reviewing and finalizing all legal agreements, contracts and other legal documents to safeguard the Bank’s legal position
- Attendance in court as the representative of the bank, liaising with the relevant Court Officials and external solicitors thereof on a case-by-case basis.
- Provide support to the Company Secretary & Head, Legal in the preparation of materials for Statutory Meetings of the Company, including Board Meetings and Annual General Meetings.
- Prepare all litigation cases together with other members of the Legal Unit and external solicitors, ensure proper follow up and report on the status of new and outstanding cases with proper escalation to Management
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Head of the Department on Legal issues.
- Minimum of BL, LLB Law
- Minimum of 3 years post call
- Evidence of completion/ exemption from NYSC.
- Previous experience as a legal practitioner in a microfinance bank or the financial sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of mortgage transactions
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Nigerian legal system.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong negotiating and persuasive skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional and ethical behavior.
8th December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.