Primera MFBank, your partner for growth, is a fully licensed technology-driven finance platform that offers financial solutions to businesses and individuals. Anchored by a strong balance sheet and an experienced, hands-on management team, we enhance financial inclusion by offering suite of financial services to meet the needs of clients.
Job Position: Legal Officer
Location: 24, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Reporting to: Head, Legal & Compliance
- Monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements.
- Ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the Banking and Finance sector/industry.
- Draft a wide variety of legal agreements.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the organization, subsidiaries and Board.
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
Key Performance Indicators:
- Administration – Measures effectiveness in planning, organizing and efficiently handling activities and eliminating unnecessary activities
- Turn-around time on assigned task.
- Communication – Measures effectiveness in listening to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing and providing relevant and timely information to management, and members of staff.
- Dependability – Measures how well employee complies with instructions and performs under unusual circumstances;consider record of attendance and punctuality.
- Teamwork – Measures how well employee gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving– Measures effectiveness in understanding problems and making timely, practical decisions.
- LLB Degree and Barrister at Law qualification
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is essential
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of corporate law
25th September, 2021.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online