Supo Ati-John & Co. is a constantly evolving law firm comprising of a number of experienced legal practitioners and professionals, to best suit our clients’ dynamic demands. For over two decades, we have established a strong reputation for the work we do in various sectors. We have stayed true to our legacy of integrity and efficiency; a reputation for excellence, superior legal work and bespoke client service. With experience in helping governments, organizations and individuals overcome commercial and regulatory challenges; Supo Ati-John & Co. has become the legal harbour for companies thinking of embarking on any contemporary, complex or advanced commercial transactions and innovative idea.
Job Position: Lawyer / Legal Practitioner
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Give accurate and timely counsel to the management on a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, joint ventures, corporate finance, etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies.
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- The candidate must be familiar with court procedures at the magistrate court and high court, particularly in the areas of debt recovery, judgment enforcement, garnishees, and labor disputes.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.)
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s fulllegal rights.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Conduct work with integrity and responsibility.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
- Advice on compliance with various statutory, regulations and business rules
- Vet legal documents involving transactions between the company and other bodies or members of the public.
- Carrying out all other tasks in the ordinary course of business which the management reasonably consider necessary or proper in the interest of the Company in your capacity as In-House Legal Practitioner.
- Minimum of three years working experience post-graduation.
- Minimum of BL & LL.B
- Must be Called to Bar with post-call experience in litigation background
5th February, 2024.