International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
Job Position: Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Damboa, Borno
- To provide quality logistic support for IMC project sites in, Nigeria and to work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for International Medical Corps (IMC) in a complex operation.
- Carry out tasks within approved IMC Policies and procedures
- Complete required tasks using initiative and/or basic planning.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are always followed.
- May be responsible for supervising one or more temporary support staff/casual labourers, including basic planning of day-to-day work.
- Impact team/processes on a wider scale including program teams.
- Contribute to improvements in processes.
- Ensure procurement are conducted in line with IMC policies and procedures, through the IMC logistics, purchasing and supply procedures in compliance with donor requirements and regulations.
- Review all requisitions and liaise with Procurement Officer in Maiduguri to ensure that adequate specifications and correct budget estimates are provided.
- Working with the Procurement Officer, provide timely information to the programme department on status of their procurement actions.
- Manage warehouse/store located in following IMC policy.
- Provide information to the Warehouse team on dispatches expected and advice on any special instruction to expedite delivery to the destination.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining accurate records of all procurement transactions, as required, both electronically and manually for audit trail.
- Keep tracking of all PRS and procurement records and Assist the Procurement Officer to generate regular logistics reports (i.e., production of requisition tracking sheet, Request order reports, Purchase order reports, etc.) and other relevant logistics reports.
- Work closely with the field office programme and finance team to ensure the compilation of invoices, delivery notes, GRNs and other receipts to facilitate invoice processing in field office level.
- Manage field office generators and vehicles with regular guidance and consultation with Supply Chain Manager.
- Effective communication with all relevant departments (particularly programme and finance) on any issues relating to logistics and the associated processes involved
- Be ready for deployment to other logistics functions such as warehouse, fleet, or programme to allow career growth and development.
- Assume other additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager and technical manager.
- University Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal or Accounting or other relevant fields,
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- At least two (2) years’ practical field operations experience in Logistics Management with an international NGO in emergency.
Skills and Competence:
- Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
- Good understanding of working with donor requirements (DUTCH, BHA, etc.) and prior experience in monitoring/managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm while dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Proven training and capacity building experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word) and IT trouble shotting.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail. Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
22nd July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications addressed to “the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position as the subject of the mail.
- Nigerian nationals only.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization so Maiduguri Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.