International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
Job Position: Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Damboa, Borno
- To provide quality logistic support for IMC project sites in, Nigeria and to work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for International Medical Corps (IMC) in a complex operation.
- Carry out tasks within approved IMC Policies and procedures
- Complete required tasks using initiative and/or basic planning.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are always followed.
- May be responsible for supervising one or more temporary support staff/casual laborers, including basic planning of day-to-day work.
- Impact team/processes on a wider scale including program teams.
- Contribute to improvements in processes.
- Ensure procurement is conducted in line with IMC policies and procedures, through the IMC logistics, purchasing, and supply procedures in compliance with donor requirements and regulations.
- Review all requisitions and liaise with Procurement Officer in Maiduguri to ensure that adequate specifications and correct budget estimates are provided.
- Working with the Procurement Officer, provide timely information to the program department on the status of their procurement actions.
- Manage warehouse/store located in following IMC policy.
- Provide information to the Warehouse team on dispatches expected and advice on any special instructions to expedite delivery to the destination.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining accurate records of all procurement transactions, as required, both electronically and manually for audit trail.
- Keep tracking of all PRS and procurement records and Assist the Procurement Officer to generate regular logistics reports (i.e., production of requisition tracking sheet, Request order reports, Purchase order reports, etc.) and other relevant logistics reports.
- Work closely with the field office program and finance team to ensure the compilation of invoices, delivery notes, GRNs, and other receipts to facilitate invoice processing in the field office level.
- Manage field office generators and vehicles with regular guidance and consultation with Supply Chain Manager.
- Effective communication with all relevant departments (particularly program and finance) on any issues relating to logistics and the associated processes involved
- Be ready for deployment to other logistics functions such as warehouse, fleet, or programs to allow career growth and development.
- Assume other additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager and technical manager.
- University Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal or Accounting or other relevant fields,
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ practical field operations experience in Logistics Management with an international NGO in an emergency.
Skills and Competence:
- Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
- Good understanding of working with donor requirements (DUTCH, BHA, etc.) and prior experience in monitoring/managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm while dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well as work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Proven training and capacity-building experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word) and IT troubleshooting.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail. Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
22nd July 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position, Location, and Job ID as the subject of the email.
Important Information & Notice
- We are an equal opportunity organization so Maiduguri Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Candidates MUST state the position, location, and Job ID they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter, and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran.