Prime Chinese is a top class chinese restaurant satisfying it customers 24 hours with quality and affordability. Prime chinese has been in operation for twentyone years setting the pace and raising the hallmark of a standard restaurant in Nigeria. At Prime Chinese, we believe in perfectly planned and delightfully detailed events.
Job Position: Shipping and Logistics Manager
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- We are seeking for a visionary and committed team player for value addition and productivity.
- Communicate and maintain good rapport with the internal and external customers
- Arrange Export shipments with 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) warehouse and forwarder
- Prepare shipping documentations like invoice, certificate of origin, etc. and submit documents according to Letter of credit requirement
- Prepare shipping instructions to carrier/shipping companies
- Prepare documents to bank, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassies, ETC.
- Monitor import shipping matters
- Monitor shipments’ departure & arrival
- Update of KPI on individual shipments and shipment process
- Adjust and update lead time on shipment routings
- Consistent update on import and clearing process and regulations in Nigeria, in line with approvals and prohibitions, duties and tariffs rates.
- Ensure goods are cleared at the port within the lead time to prevent out of stock situation at minimal cost and in line with the contract.
- Continually improve and maintain relationship with Customs, NAFDAC, SON, and other Governmental agencies..
- Management of 3rd Party Logistics service providers to ensure prompt deliveries of import and export shipments at minimum costs in line with the contractual agreement.
- Negotiation of shipping line concession charges on Freight and local charges to drive down cost, where necessary.
- Work closely with Inter-company trading companies for bulk import & export shipments coordination to ensure correct stock always in plant.
- Sound and in-depth knowledge of International trade – Import & Export practices across major continents.
- First Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years in Import / Export role with exposure to supply chain management, strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards.
- Excellent knowledge of government Import requirements.
- Clear understanding of Import duties, taxation, documentation process and government requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels and with all functions at least in English
- Effective time management, planning and organization skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions
- Excellent negotiation skills.
8th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.