Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
Job Position: Logistics Safety Manager, Ashaka
Job Location: Gombe
- The job objective is to support the Country Logistics Safety Manager and the Head of Logistics North in the planning, implementation and auditing of the Lafarge road safety programs and improvement initiatives.
- This includes training and development of transporters and truck drivers, developing, reviewing and enforcement of Lafarge minimum vehicle specifications with VIOs, annual risk analysis and reviews of major business routes, ensure Journey planning by transporters, bi-weekly road patrols, optimal utilization of IVMS device through weekly review of drivers performance data (scorecard) and implementation of Lafarge consequence management, lead accident investigation and cascade learning points to employees and contractors, plan and lead Lafarge transporters annual audits.
- Monitor driver’s performance and enforce consequence management.
- Drive a road safety initiative that helps the region to deliver on safety KPI.
- Maintains the driver’s data base.
- Track and ensure drivers trainers (Aegide) certification validity timelines for on-time re-training.
- Enforce with transporters, the minimum specifications for trucks before operations.
- Plan and collaborate with government safety agencies (FRSC, TRACE etc.) and Lafarge transporters to conduct bi-annual Route Hazard Mapping along major business route in the country and other significantly risky routes reported by transporters
- Supervise and enforce safe work procedures with the Road Safety Officers on-sites; Lafarge safety induction, access control, energy isolation, PPEs usage, zero alcohol consumption, passengers policy, seat-belt usage, parking and speed requirements etc.
- Conduct weekly review with logistics safety service providers/vendors (Drivers trainers and IVMS Providers) to improve leading KPIs to reduce violations and RTAs.
- Review transporters safety performance with regional logistics team against set targets.
- Lead monthly safety meetings with transporters to review critical HS KPIs and agree actions to improve the health and safety culture at Lafarge and at customers locations.
- Collaborate with transporters to conduct focused bi-weekly road patrols on major LAP vehicle traffic routes, violation routes and accident prone routes.
- Lead accident and investigation proceedings in the event of an incident or accident.
- Conduct visits to key customers locations to monitor and measure drivers compliance with customers expectations, while strengthening business relations.
- Conduct safety pre-qualification assessment for prospective transporters.
- Plan and implement the annual Lafarge 5 Pillar Safety Audit for transporters to achieve the minimum 3 stars rating across all transporters.
- Organize periodic road safety awareness programs with stakeholders – motorbike riders, schools, markets, 3rd party commercial drivers etc. with risk potentials to Lafarge operations.
Level of Education/Qualifications normally required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Specific Work experience:
- Road Transport Safety Management
- H&S Management
- Driver and Fleet Management
- Customer Service Management
- Risk Management
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Risk Identification, Analysis and Controls
- Root Cause Analysis
- Data Analysis, Interpretation and Management
- Problem Solving
- Ability to deliver results
- A solid constructive challenger with effective communication skills
- A strong personality with sound collaborative and interpersonal skills
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- A good level of self-awareness; able to evaluate his/her performance and to modify the behavior to suit the circumstances in order to create a better impact
- Excellent change management skills and time management; from technical change to behavioral change, from ideas to action planning and implementation
- A strong process orientation and structured thinking
- People facilitating and coaching skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online