Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organization. The organization is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed, or political convictions.
- Job Position: Logistics Specialist
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Defining procedures and ensures the implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and correct functioning of the technical work within his/her area of specialization
- Managing the technical activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field response of the sector of activity (s)he is primarily in support.
- Carrying out assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to infrastructure challenges in the area of specialization e.g. installing / building / implementing. Liaising directly with the staff to identify the project needs and managing response and prioritization of requests.
- Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot tests to ensure its functioning as well as defining functioning standards and monitoring systems.
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing, and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required
- Acting as a technical referent, providing technical advice and oversight of quality and strengthening knowledge of the team. Providing training sessions to technicians, the managers, and supervisors in the overall set-up, use, and maintenance of new installations
- When required, acting as Flying expert in a mission and providing deep technical advice to managers
- Performing delegated tasks specific to her area of specialty and as defined in his/her job description
- Plan and analyzing the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including the planning of (financial, technical, material, and human) resources that meet the project needs
- Produce, prepare and monitor all necessary technical dossier and drawings for the ongoing construction activity,
- Mapping on AutoCAD of the project’s sites in their actual shape, including water networks, electrical main distribution, in close collaboration with the line manager, Watsan/EH, and Energy
- Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget, and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
- Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions
- Make sure all agreements and permits with local authorities are negotiated in order to proceed with construction.
- Following up and reporting on the works’ progress and on technical aspects of the work and participating in reports according to guidelines (Situation Report, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.)
- Ensuring the proper construction documentation, filing, and compilation of the work done in the new site (archives).
- Carrying out an assessment on the ongoing construction work progress, in the project, and providing line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to infrastructure challenges in building/implementing. Liaising directly with the staff to identify the project needs and managing response and prioritization of requests.
- Acting as a technician, providing technical advice and oversight of quality, Ensures the implementation, monitoring, and correct functioning of the technical work within the construction team, and with the subcontracted companies.
- Essential technical university degree, in his /her area of specialty, preferably as an engineer in construction /architect
- Essential at least 8 years of working experience on construction supervisions
- Desirable at least 5 years of working experience with other sectors.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs and understanding of MSF field logistics is an asset.
- English language is essential
- Hausa language is beneficial
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD is mandatory.
- Computer literacy
- Autonomy and sense of the planning will be required.
- Good collaboration with different technical family referents will be required.
- Experience in prefab types of constructions is an asset.
20th January, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Send hard copy to: MSF Belgium Human Resources Office – FORI CV BOX