At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Come be part of the Safety, Health and Environment Department of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited with more than 50 years of presence in Nigeria and a workforce of over 1000 employees. Our offices are in Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Abuja, FCT.
Job Position: Loss Prevention and Risk Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Provide direct and specific loss prevention / risk engineering support for evaluating threats and opportunities associated with Production Operations (Joint Venture Operations – JVO and Deepwater Operations – DW), Support Operations and the Technical organizations (OT, NPO, Wells etc.). This is provided in a format consistent with the provisions of the Risk Assessment and Management System (RAMS), and adheres to Corporate guidelines, regulatory guidelines and industry standards.
- Deliver Operations Risk Assessment Evaluation, provide Stewardship of mitigation actions and residual risk review for all threats & opportunities.
- Coordinate team members and stakeholder reviews in concurrence, in addition to the following expectations:
- Lead, facilitate, scribe, and participate in workshops for Risk Screening / Risk Assessment / Higher Consequence Scenario Management / SCTA / Safety Case / HAZOP
- Coordinate / Perform Loss Prevention Studies (i.e. Consequence Analysis Studies)
- Prepare and secure approval of Risk Assessment Management Summary reports
- Review, maintain, track progress, and advise on risk mitigation actions.
- Review and secure approvals for risk scenario extensions in line with expectations of OIMS 2-1
Other expectations include:
- Develop and periodically update Project Risk Assessments which includes hazard identification, risk assessment and loss prevention studies. These are performed during design, construction and start-up phases of projects.
- Coordinate external interfaces with regulators and Safety Case consultants, ensuring Production Facility Operations Safety Case adhere to Corporate and regulatory requirements, and to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to manage risks to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Coordinate internal cross-discipline engagements with other technical organizations, and members of the SHE group, to develop comprehensive multi-disciplinary approaches to safety.
- Provide process safety technical leadership and support for safety incident classification, investigations, lessons learned application and communication.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. A higher degree in Risk / Safety Engineering would be an added advantage
- 5+ years relevant oil & gas industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs. Proficiency in consequence assessment modelling tools, like PHAST, would be an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
- Behavioural expectations: Strong Team Player, Good Communication skills (written and verbal), Good Coordination and Collaboration skills, Good Technical, Problem solving and Analytical skills
Preferred Requirements / Experience:
- 3+ years broad knowledge and experience with
- Process Safety & Risk engineering principles, theories and concepts
- Facilitation or participation in Risk Assessment/ HAZOP Studies
- Application of process safety related codes, standards, and practices in regulation of oil and gas facility production design and operations (i.e. API 14C, 14J, 794, NFPA etc)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online