Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
Job Position: Lubricator
Job Location: Mfamosing Plant, Cross River
- Carry out lubrication activities as assigned or directed by superior.
- Ensure full responsibility of the plant functional location area assigned to him
- Carry out lubrication tasks as assigned by superior and SAP PM
- Ensure detailed daily lubrication reporting
- Update Lubrication activities on Excel and any available lubrication files.
- Ensure own safety and that of equipment, should be aware of work-related safety hazards.
- Collect lubricants from stores, handle and store properly in assigned place.
- Maintain/Clean the lubricant dispensing equipment / tools in order and best practices.
- Inspect the lubrication points at site and report findings to superior and concerned employees.
- Maintain lubrication activities and site observation reports daily.
- Ensure Oil Sampling, Labelling and hand on report review
- Use LubExpert to analysis MV Motor bearings before greasing.
- Ensure good housekeeping before and after lubrication tasks.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate within his competence, as determined by his superiors from time to time
- List key interfaces: Patrollers, Mechanical Technicians, Electrical Technicians, Inspectors, Planners, Area Manager, Shift Leaders, Inventory and Managers.
- Third Party Contractors.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR)
- Lost Time Incident Severity rate (LTISR).
- Zero Equipment Failure due to lack of Lubrication.
- Zero Compromise on Integrity and best practices
- Ensure Daily report
- Level of Education/Qualifications normally required: NABTEB, NID, ND in Mechanical Engineering and any other relevant Technical Certificate.
- Specific Work experience: 2 years working experience in same industry or any heavy industry operations. Experience in multi-national companies is an added advantage.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of cement manufacturing process or other heavy industry operations and processes.
- Knowledge of lubricants (grease and oil).
- Knowledge of Safety and Occupational health related hazards associated with lubrication practices.
- Strong Excel and MS Office proficiency (including good knowledge of PowerPoint).
- Good knowledge SAP and SAP FC is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure, in a demanding environment, while maintaining the highest professional standards.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize tasks, take initiatives, and make recommendations while engaging with Senior Leaders.
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Build informal networks across functions to ensure smooth flow inputs for own deliverables.
- Top presentation skills to be able to convey clear and synthetic messages (verbally or on paper).
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment with occasional stretches to meet strict timelines. Work may occasionally require some local travel with overnight stay
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online